SEO has always been a challenge for every website, and the case gets worse when you have to do it for an eCommerce website because there is a lot of competition. The main reason behind it is the fact that the eCommerce sites have a lot of data and pages which require optimization for better rankings. And for that, you definitely need the right experts to do the job for you.
Following are some of the things that you need to put special emphasis on –
The right keyword strategy
The first rule of eCommerce SEO is that you find the right keywords for that particular product. There are a lot of factors that come into play here like Cost-Per-Click, search volume, search trends, competition, etc. Keep in mind that you should not only optimize the title tag, but every single page should have its own set of tags.
To implement the right keyword strategy,
– Use Google Trends for finding the right keywords
– Use Google Search Suggestions to find related keywords
– Make use of Adwords Tools for PPC Ideas
– Use Google Analytics for finding the right keywords
– Use Merchant words and Google Autocomplete
Build links to your eCommerce website
When it comes to eCommerce SEO, backlinking is even more vital than you can imagine. Having a lot of inbound links to your site will improve the overall visibility and authority. If the backlinks come from the right sources, it will boost your product rankings as well.
– Use the power of high-quality guest posting
– Use Outbound links and partner up with other bloggers
– Using Spying tools to spy on your competitors
-Use the Skyscraper technique
-Produce better content than your competitors to link to
Improve User Experience
Bad user experience can be a major hurdle in the success of your eCommerce business. Most of the users leave a website within 10 seconds if they don’t get what they are looking for. Site load speeds are vital. For this, you can use Google webmaster tools that are at your disposal. Additionally, site security is also a major factor in eCommerce SEO, the reason being Google has personally said that it is a huge ranking factor. In order to improve user experience, make sure to
- Improve Page Speed
- Get the best SSL certification
- Use tools to reduce compress image size and not quality
- Avoid spammy content
Your product description must be unique
SEO for eCommerce is not just about building links, Backlinks are certainly important but so are unique product descriptions writing. If your content is low quality, it will have a negative impact on your rankings. You should have an efficient strategy for this as well, to do so you can hire the right eCommerce SEO experts who can guide you to write the best product descriptions. In order to write the correct product descriptions make sure to do the following:
– Make sure that your key product features are properly explained
– You can add bullet points to separate each feature
– Use product name at least once in the product description
– Do not write a lot of copy, keep it short and sweet
SEO for eCommerce can be difficult to implement. What you can do instead is take the help of the right eCommerce SEO company and you are good to go. Make sure that the company you choose has the expertise to handle eCommerce SEO, they should have a proven track record of delivering results. With that, you can make your product stand out among competitors.