HR stands for Human Resource and it is a company’s department that is responsible for finding, screening, recruiting, and training job applicants along with various other functions.
Responsibilities of an HR Executive:
HR needs to design compensation and benefits packages for employees along with implementing performance review procedures. In addition, they need to develop HR policies and make sure that all the employees within the organization understand and follow them. They also work towards implementing effective sourcing, screening, and interviewing techniques. HRs are also responsible for managing the events and functions within an organization. Moreover, they also deal with and manage the department’s budget and operate accordingly. Having a record of employee retention and turnover rates is also one of their features. Above all, these professionals oversee the daily operations of the HR department. To further know about it, one can visit HR Training in Gurgaon. Apart from these, given below are some of the responsibilities of an HR executive.
- They need to create an environment of open communication.
- Hire and retain talent for the organization at the right cost.
- Create and approve budgets for all the departments.
- Should Help in making the payroll of the company.
- They organize important events of the organization.
- Resolve conflicts and other issues within the company.
- Conduct exit interviews with outgoing employees.
- Oversee the termination process of an employee.
- Counsel the employees who are stressed.
- Work with departmental heads during appraisals.
- Introduce employee wellness programs.
- Create company policies based on best practices.
- Remember employee birthdays and important event dates.
Necessary Requirements & Skills To be an HR:
Given below are some of the necessary skills for being an HR.
- Communication Skills- The HR department needs to communicate with both employees and the employer. In addition, they are the communication center within a company and they need to make sure that the internal communication in an organization is correct.
- Ethics- They need to have good ethics for pointing in the right direction at all times. In addition, they should be capable of seeing everything from a neutral point of view and should be free from prejudice.
- Negotiation Skills- Negotiating the salary figures with their new recruitment is one of the responsibilities of HR. Therefore, it is necessary to have good negotiation skills. Moreover, these negotiation skills are also useful in settling disputes within a company. HR Training Institute in Noida.
- Organizational Skills- HRs need to be organized in themselves as they regularly need to deal with a lot of important paperwork and files. Moreover, they should be able of organizing events like training sessions, seminars, orientation sessions. etc.
- Problem Solving Skills- They should be capable of solving various internal problems such as employees disputes and external problems such as the company’s reputation. In addition, they need to solve these problems in a fair and just manner.
- Mentoring Skills- Mentoring the new employees of the company is also an important role of HR. They make them aware of the company policies and should help them in adjusting to the new environment of the company.
- Interpersonal Skills- They also need to have skills for understanding the employees and connecting with them. In addition, they have to get along and connect with everyone so that they are liked by every employee of the organization. HR Training Institute in Noida.
- Teamwork Skills- The HR department in a company consists of many individual professionals who handle different roles individually. Moreover, good teamwork skills allow them to do their job well, help the department, and ensure others also do well.
- Technical Skills- Organizations use various software tools for conducting tasks such as recruiting, payroll, compensation, employees progress, updating company policies, Etc. It is necessary to have rich technical knowledge of various software tools to be an HR.
- Counseling Skills- Great counseling skills can help an employee in solving stress and issues. Moreover, this skill helps in getting employees to open up, mentoring new employees, and creating channels of communication within the organization.
Career Opportunities in HR:
Doing a master’s degree in Human Resources provides various job opportunities for individuals. In addition, there are many HR Training Institute in Noida and one can enroll in them to start a career in it. Given below are some of the job titles available for HR.
- Chief HR Officer
- Employment Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Training and Development Manager
- HR Consultant
- Executive Recruiter
- Labor Relations Manager
- HR Analytics Specialist
- Compensation and Benefits Manager