IBM Notes is one of the most famous email clients in today’s world. This IBM Notes client includes a client/server environment where IBM Lotus Notes is the client and IBM Domino is the server. Manage various content and information in Notes NSF files such as emails, server addresses, contacts, and events. Lotus Notes introduces some bugs that interfere with the functionality of users and organizations(IBM Lotus Notes).
In this blog, we will learn about the methods to solve these troubleshooting issues. Let us now move forward.
What exactly is Access denied issue code 4005?
Users may face these access denied issues while working with the Lotus Notes email client. Below are the reasons for this access denied issue;
- This error occurs when the user tries to create a single file in the data directory.
- when opening mail.
- While a user is composing a new mail memo.
Reasons behind the access denied issue
Here are the reasons that a user faces while occurring of the access denied issue;
- Virus Infected Email
- The system has very little disk space available
- You are running an outdated operating system
- You do not have administrator privileges
- Signature settings may be set to “HTML” or image files have a nature
Resolving the issues using the Manual method
The steps that are t be followed by the users while resolving the access denied issues are as follows;
- After logging in as the Notes Domino administrator, go to the People & Groups tab.
- In the Server section, select the server you want to work with.
- Select the Domino Directory and go to the Users option.
- In the Tools panel, go to Users and go to the Registration option.
- In the left pane, click the ID INFO tab and select the File option from the User ID location.
- This allows the user to change the desired location of the User ID file.
- Go to the C:\Windows\Temp directory path and delete the temporary files.
- Next, follow the steps below to clear hard drive space and increase disk space.
- Right-click the My Computer icon and go to Manage > Storage > Disk Management.
- Select the drive you want to extend, right click and select the Shrink Volume option to free up space on your hard drive.
- Select the hard drive you want to extend, right-click and select Extend Volume to extend the hard drive capacity.
- Updates OS compatibility with IBM Lotus Notes mail application. Change the digital signature to plain text.
By following these steps, a user will be able to resolve the access denied issues. But, users do face limitations while following this method
Limitations using the manual method
Here are the limitations that are faced by a user while following the manual method. Here are some of them;
- Files are not maintained properly
- Chances of data loss are more
- The instant result is not provided
- Not a convenient method to follow
These are some of the given limitations that are faced by the manual method.
Fixing the problem using the NSF Converter tool
A user can download the NSF to PST Converter tool to convert their NSF files. The app is one of the best tools that can be used by users. Without facing any hurdle users are able to convert their NSF files. There are no restrictions that are faced by the users using this amazing tool. With great accuracy and zero errors, the files are maintained by the app. Instant conversion of the NSF files is followed using this amazing NSF Converter tool. Also, all the problems of the users can be fixed with this amazing app. The steps to note the conversion of the NSF files are also very simple to follow. With a variety of features provided, it becomes convenient for the users to select this amazing app and follow their conversion tasks.
The blog covers all the important information to solve the problem of the access denied issue. Moreover, it will be more convenient for a user to use the professional method that is using the app rather than uses the manual method of fixing Lotus Notes’ access to data denied error.