DI (Ductile Iron) is one of the most selected pipe materials throughout the world for water supply and sewerage applications. There are many reasons to prefer DI pipes and fittings for both potable water and sewage applications. They have inherent corrosion-resistant properties, high tensile strength, pressure handling capacity and so on. You can contact one of the most reputed suppliers of DI pipes and fittings in the Middle East and GCC region.
Why are DI pipes and fittings chosen over other materials?
Ductile iron pipes and fittings are reliable and resilient. They have a good lifespan of 100 years and are environmentally friendly because of their recycled content. These are the two best features that most users look at. DI is fabricated from recycled steel as well as iron scrap metals. Other materials like concrete or PVC can not be recycled. Ductile iron pipes are the direct development of cast iron pipes and have successfully superseded them. DI pipes and fittings are designed to withstand both internal pressure and external loads. So, people choose this type of material over other materials for pipes and fittings when it comes to potable water supply and sewage applications. Let us go into detail about different types of DI pipes and fittings:
DI Socket – Spigot Pipes
DI socket – spigot pipes are pipes which are constructed of sturdy ductile iron. These are used mostly for the transmission & distribution of potable water. Read the features of using such pipes:
- They have a quick and automatic assembly that you can fit together through female and male conical ends.
- Our supplied DI socket-spigot pipes can cover the complete water transport cycle – from the gravity supply, ground or surface water filtration and seawater desalination to distribution to users.
- These socket-spigot pipes can withstand external loads efficiently.
- Ductile iron socket-spigot pipes come in fully coated as well as lined with bitumen coated outside & cement inside. The coatings are good quality.
- These pipes are fully corrosion-resistant.
- Our supplied DI socket-spigot pipes comply with WRAS.
- The high structural strength makes them readily machinable and any vital requirement in the pipes can be tapped, cut or drilled.
Why choose these DI sockets – spigot pipes?
a) Firstly, ductile iron fittings are available for socket-spigot pipes. These fittings come with bolted-gland sockets that are ideal for usage in potable water pipelines and sewage pipelines.
b) DI socket-spigot pipes are much stronger, easy to tap, non-combustible and need less support providing greater water flow area as compared to other pipes made from concrete, PVC, steel etc.
c) Last but not least they stand out because of their robustness and low-noise operation without any special kind of insulation. You can get in touch with a reliable supplier of such pipes.
DI Flanged type fittings
DI flanged type fittings are very important components that help to join pipe sections together along with some other products/ equipment such as valves or pumps. Get high-grade ductile iron flanged type fittings at a competitive price. Have a look at the features of such type fittings:
- These types of ductile iron flanged fittings come in varied ranges and are suitable for every application (potable and sewage water).
- DI flanged type fittings come with cement mortar lining. This lining is as per industrial standards which helps in avoiding corrosion and wards off deposits.
- Enamel lining outside and inside is highly beneficial. It offers effective protection against abrasion as well as encrustation.
- Every ductile iron fittings are provided with gaskets.
DI socket fittings
Ductile iron socket fittings are specially used for establishing a connection with DI pipes of both socket and flanged ends. Mostly ductile iron socket fittings have a wide range of products like – tees, bends etc. You can connect them with either EPDM rubber rings or flanged rubber gaskets. The features of DI socket fittings are as follows:
- This varied range of ductile iron fittings is made in accordance with industrial standards.
- They are suitable fittings for almost every application be it for potable water transmission and distribution or sewage applications.
- Every socket fitting has complete enamelling that aids in avoiding corrosion.
- These fittings are offered with gaskets.
Go for only the best quality DI pipes and fittings for your applications. Dutco Tennant LLC is one of the leading suppliers of outstanding quality DI pipes and fittings in the Middle East and GCC region. You can contact us via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more details about these products. It is not easy to muster every information about different products, so wait and keep your eyes glued for our next blog loaded with details of several other solutions.