The QuickBooks entitlement file contains information about the license properties. When the ECML file is damaged or corrupted, and QuickBooks cannot initialize license properties, the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 1118 occurs. This error can occur due to other reasons too, like a damaged MSXML component. If you are facing the error 3371 when opening QuickBooks, you can easily terminate the error code by following a few steps. In this article, we will provide you with the reasons for the issue and solutions to resolve this error effectively.
If you are unable to understand or perform the steps, you can get assistance from our team of experts at 1.855.738.2784 for fixing the error code.
Possible Reasons for the QuickBooks Error Code 3371
The error 3371 status code 11118 QuickBooks can occur due to the following reasons –
- The QuickBooks registration file is damaged, due to which the license info cannot be retrieved.
- QuickBooks components required for smooth functioning are damaged or missing.
- The Microsoft MSXML component has some problems.
- The ant-virus program is preventing QuickBooks from functioning correctly.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Data Missing After Update
Steps for Addressing the QuickBooks 3371 Status Code 11118 Error
Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 3371 –
Step 1 – Change the ECML Data Store File Name
Fix the issues with the QuickBooks entitlement file by renaming it in the following manner –
- From the Run command window, go to the C drive and select the Documents and Settings menu.
- Use the AllUsersApplicationDataIntuitEntitlementClientv2 path to access the ECML file.
- Click on the file and select Rename to fix the entitlement file issues and get rid of the QuickBooks error 3371.
Step 2 – Perform a Diagnosis to Repair the .Net Framework
Fix the Microsoft .Net framework using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the tool hub.
- Close QuickBooks and go to the Windows Start menu to open the search box.
- Type Control Panel and search for it, followed by clicking on the Programs and Features option.
- Click on Microsoft .Net Framework and select the Change/Uninstall option.
- Select Remove/Repair to launch the setup wizard and click on Repair.
- Hit Next, and the .Net framework repair process will begin. Perform a quick system restart once the diagnosis ends.
Step 3 – Delete the ECML File from the Run Window
Eliminate the ECML file causing the QB error code 3371.
- Go to the Run window by pressing the Windows + R keys and enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the search box.
- Find the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and right-click on it to select Delete.
- Once the file is eliminated, rerun QuickBooks ad register your product to see if the QuickBooks Desktop error 3371 is fixed.
The QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 is a common error, and can be easily fixed with the help of a few steps. Perform the steps provided above and if the error code persists, reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get technical assistance with the issue.
Related search terms : Error 3371 could not initialize license properties, Fatal Error: QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup, How to fix QuickBooks error 3371, I have received the on start up [error 3371
THis blog is posted on blogspinners.com