The QuickBooks Web Connector is an advanced version of the QuickBooks Direct connect. It allows the users to connect with the bank account to store transactions in the QuickBooks application. It provides the link for downloading the transaction document, and from there, you can download and save the document easily in a supported format. Sometimes it may undergo various QuickBooks Web Connector errors while connecting to the Bank Server. This post will discuss the reasons and troubleshooting methods to fix the QBWC error.
What Causes QuickBooks Express Web Connector Error?
This error can occur due to various reasons, some of them mentioned below:
- Due to inappropriate installation of QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Utilizing an older QBWC version.
- Missing log file used by Web Connector.
- The computer doesn’t grant proper Administrative Rights to the QuickBooks Web Connector.
After all reasons, it’s time to fix the error with some troubleshooting methods.
Methods Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error
When the QuickBooks Express Connector stops working when you try to sync a program with the QuickBooks, you can follow the troubleshooting methods to fix this.
Method 1: Create New User & Grant Admin Rights
If your Windows system doesn’t provide accurate administrative rights, then you have to create a new account that grants admin rights. Once you have successfully created the account, then follow the steps:
- Go to Start and choose Control Panel.
- Then, go to Account Type.
- Now, choose the new account as administrative.
- Click OK to complete the process.
Now the new user has administrative rights, which needs to tun the QuickBooks Web Connector.
Method 2: Uninstall and Re-install the QuickBooks Web Connector Error
You can resolve the QuickBooks Web Connector error by uninstalling the QBWC program from the computer and then re-install it. Follow the steps to do it.
- Firstly, go to Start and choose Control Panel.
- Now, navigate to Uninstall a Program.
- Then, search for the QB Web Connector.
- Click on Uninstall to remove it.
After uninstalling the web connector, it’s time to install it.
- Download the Installer.
- Then, right-click on the installer and select Extract All.
- From the extracted folder, do a right-click on the .exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- In the end, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation.
Method 3: Define Permissions on Windows for Log File
Setting permission for the log file on Windows can fix the QuickBooks Web Connector error. Follow the listed steps:
- Firstly, right-click on log files for setting the permissions.
- Now, tap on Properties from the drop-down and hit the Security tab from the tab.
- Then tap on Edit and then discover permissions for <object> dialogue box.
- To change the permission, tap the name of the user or group and choose the Allow checkbox.
No Luck with Troubleshooting
This blog covers all the possible methods to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error. We also discuss the reasons behind the error. If you still find difficulties in the web connector, just dial the QuickBooks phone number for technical support. Our experts are available 24×7.